Tuesday 2 August 2011

Courage in You

Embrace by the night
I wake up to daylight
I look up to see your face
You smile as you show me grace
I love you more than words can tell
You who carried me through hell
Wiping away every tear
You were always so very near

Embrace by the night
Woken by daylight
My soul finds its voice
Deep within
It's the voice of the heart
That speaks out without fear of the dark
A voice of courage and of soul
A voice you placed inside of me


Embrace by the night
Surrounded by daylight
I wake up to see your face
You smile and show me grace
In all that I have been through
I have always been loved by you
I keep you forever close to my heart
For with you, I have peace even in the dark

2 comments:

  1. A very nice post. A lovely sight and words of wisdom go very well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful poetic words remind me of this song by Michael W. Smith, "Never Been Unloved." You can hear it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlYnnloIyY4

    ReplyDelete